321 Brain Food
Sometimes I feel like my brain is full (or maybe just my inbox). There is just SO much great content out there. So, we thought we’d share with you some of our favourite articles, blogs and content on our favourite 321 topics – sales, marketing, product and people.
Here’s 3 blogs or sites that I keep coming back to, again and again, and why I love ‘em…
1. Both Sides of the Table
Both Sides of the Table is written by Mark Suster – an entrepreneur turned VC. What I love about Mark’s blog is that it’s not a typical investor blog. You can tell Mark is an operator. He’s run companies. He’s had to sell, build traction, create great products, deal with unhappy customers. So his blogs are all great lessons from his own experience, as well as what he’s seeing in his portfolio and the broader market. Several of his blogs are my all-time-favourites, including:
- Why Your Startup Needs a Sales Methodology
- Lead, Follow, or get the f**k out of the way
- Startup Sales - Why Hiring Seasons Sales Reps May Not Work
- What Do You Need to Do to Improve Sales? Here’s a Start…
- Journeymen, Mavericks & Superstars: Understanding Salespeople at Startups
I love blogs from Steli at Close.io. Close.io is a CRM solution focused on sales efficiency. What I love is that before Close.io, Steli led a team of contract sales folks. So he’s lived in the trenches, and has great stories and experiences to share – and he does share them, including what he’s learned from his own mistakes.
Here’s a handful of my favourites for your reading pleasure!
- Here’s how you REALLY know if a sales call went well
- 28 B2B cold calling tips for sales success in 2018
- Cold calling jiu-jitsu: How to respond to “send me more information”
- Selling SaaS to SMBs? Know your stakeholders (or lose deals)
- Not 100% sure you can deliver on your early customers? Here’s how to talk about risk (and still get the sale)
Copyhackers is founded by Joanna Wiebe – a conversion-oriented copywriter who’s worked for agencies and industry giants like Buffer, Shipify, Tesco and more. The company’s website has a ton of great resources, including a fantastic e-book series on writing for conversion, which many of my marketing friends have received as a gift. She also has countless great blog posts on both copywriting and growth marketing. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Note to Self, On Time Management
- I used cold emails to 14x my freelance copywriting business. Here’s how.
- Here are 3 simple steps for writing lead gen pages. And they’re backed by examples.
- How do you turn great home page copy into killer home page copy? (case study)
- Here are 19 growth hacks for your Saas startup. They’re backed by science.