Mikata Health is a technology company based in Calgary, Alberta. We transform the experience of going to the doctor and we have massive ambitions to improve healthcare for people around the world while building a successful business. We were recently awarded the A100 One to Watch award for being voted start-up most likely to succeed and recently raised additional funding to grow our team.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced professional to help us generate insights that will allow clinics to provide better care for patients. You will develop machine learning pipelines based on clinical and patient-generated data, and work closely with our growing team of developers, designers, data scientists, and clinicians.
- Work directly with founders to develop and implement our data science strategy
- Write code to clean, aggregate, and investigate messy, real-world data from various sources including clinical records, patient responses, and sensors
- Develop, validate, and deploy machine learning and deep learning models
- Integrate and deploy natural language processing algorithms
- Visualize, interpret, and communicate the data to internal teams as well as customers and end users
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap and strategy
- Collaborate frequently with other team members (designers, developers, sales team)
- The idea of “fixing healthcare” appeals to you
- Highly motivated to apply your data expertise to real-world healthcare challenges
- You are curious and excited to learn new skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail, committed to develop high quality work
- Comfortable in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills (and interest) for junior developers and data scientists
Your skills and expertise
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing machine learning pipelines and models to produce actionable insights
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Master’s or PhD preferred)
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Experience using SQL databases (PostreSQL) and extracting data programmatically
- Health or medical data experience is preferred but not required
- Experience with cloud infrastructure is also very beneficial (AWS S3, Lambda, RDS)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
This is a full-time, Calgary-based position with a competitive salary and additional perks and benefits.
If you’re interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself.