Levven is a growing company looking for committed, driven, team-focused, creative thinkers. Help us achieve our vision of bringing intelligent buildings to everyone. In this position, you will design and develop React Native mobile applications to support SmartHome automation and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
• Live and breathe iterative design principles, be resilient: fail fast and recover faster.
• Use the tools and processes established by the Director of R&D as well as provide feedback on improvement strategies.
• Design software with a customer-centric focus that aligns with the value proposition.
• Implement Test Driven Development, following Levven design patterns and best practices.
• Follow agile development methods.
• Deliver mobile software products on time and on budget.
• Support a mentoring process for junior developers.
• Help inform innovative software development ideas and share with the team.
• Follow policies, standards and procedures for the software development and technical work performed.
• Participate directly in the design, development and testing of technical projects.
• Capture project-related information and references.
• Use our development tools including: VSTS, Git, Wiki Markdown, Eclipse, VS Code, Android Studio, XCode, and others.
• Design and develop software according to Levven standards including procedures for design, development, testing, and documentation.
• Test and debug iOS and Android applications.
• Where needed, develop native modules in Objective-C, Swift, Java, or Kotlin.
• Perform prototype development, design verification, and testing, where appropriate.
• Align designs with requirements for hardware and firmware development.
• Prepare documentation and samples for app store approvals. Knowledge/Skill Requirements
• Change management amid chaos.
• Strong software development skills.
• Software design and development methodologies using your analytical, communication, creativity, and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
• Mobile development experience with at least one app released for iOS or Android.
• Regression and unit testing methodologies. Unit testing, integration testing, test automation for Continuous Integration (CI). Testing with Jest. Detox is a bonus.
• UX and mobile GUI design. Familiar with Android Material Design Guidelines and iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
• Cloud integration. Integrating with REST API’s.
• Wireless communication (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, UDP, MQTT, API’s)
• Mobile App Security (TLS, single sign on, OAuth2, tokens, key exchange)
• Debugging smartphone apps. Single-step debugging.
• Git distributed version control system.
• Project management tool use (ideally VSTS or TFS), Github, or Bitbucket.
• University degree in Computing Science or equivalent a bonus.
• IoT experience a bonus.
• Residential and commercial electrical lighting a bonus.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent Experience:
• React Native app development: 1 year
• Mobile app development: 2 years
• Software development: 3 years
• Released one or more apps (Required). Provide URL or reference when applying.
• Edmonton, AB (Required) We offer three weeks paid vacation and a benefits program. If you are interested in this role, please submit a cover note with your resume. Apply today by email to email@example.com