Algi creates delicious purpose driven food products centred around spirulina algae. Our mission is to create sustainable food products using clean and simple ingredients that are delicious, and accessible to all. Our products will help facilitate the adoption of spirulina algae into the mainstream market.
WHY JOIN THE ALGI TEAM?
We are the first company in Canada creating an entire food product line centered around algae! We see ourselves as trailblazers in the budding sustainable food industry and have big ambitions to address climate change and food insecurity through algae-based foods. We are an agile early-stage start-up founded in 2019 and are looking for a like-minded summer intern to help us market and sell our first products, the IMPACT Bar and Algi Spirulina.
This will not be like a typical 9-5 role. We work in a fast-paced environment where everyday is filled with new challenges and new opportunities to advance our business forward. If you’re interested in getting a holistic business perspective, are a quick learner and an ambitious doer, this is the role for you! Please don’t hesitate to ask clarification questions about this role. Please send all questions to email@example.com.
**Only applicants in the Calgary/Canmore/Banff area will be considered.
- Use design applications to create content, across multiple platforms to drive sales, engagement, and retention
- Leverage social media channels to implement digital communication strategies
- Track campaign performance through analytic tools
- Interact with customers and ambassadors at local events, COVID permitting
- Assist in the development and implementation of photo & video content
- This role may involve travel within AB and BC
- Ensure all content is on-brand & consistent with style, quality and tone, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print, and in-person
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives
- Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness; gathering data and run analytics and make changes based on the results
- Leverage market data to develop content based on specific themes/topics.
- Execute plans to develop content assets that support a specific point of view and educate consumers based on specific critical behavioural metrics
- Assist with managing and further developing an ambassador network
- Expert in all things related to brand consistency, content creation, and analytics to help define brand story
- Marketing, Public Relations, Design, or Communications major, with experience in multichannel content creation -- if you think you have the experience to be in this role but aren’t in one of the aforementioned degree paths, apply and tell us why.
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Aftereffects, or equivalents is an asset
- Be capable of taking initiative and working with little direction and/or supervision
Please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (a portfolio can include Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok content, or other social platforms) to firstname.lastname@example.org