Helcim is searching for an talented Graphic Designer/Illustrator to join our Design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing high-quality visual assets and illustrations for our Marketing Team through the direction and guidance of the Design Team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating outstanding visual assets and has an impeccable sense of Design. We are looking for someone who wants to continually expand their skill set, has an openness for learning, and welcomes feedback in the interest of improving their craft. This position requires an advanced competence in a wide range of visual and illustration styles.
The mission of Design at Helcim is to clearly and cohesively communicate our product value through unique and compelling high-quality visual design.
What you will be doing:
- Working within the Marketing Team, apply a wide range of design solutions to communicate concepts, ideas, and messages effectively
- Create custom illustrations, infographics and iconographies
- Strong ability to draw and sketch ideas to communicate complex and abstract concepts
- Execute visual assets for creative advertising campaigns, social media posts, blog articles, product feature releases, and marketing emails
- Contributing to the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the Helcim public website’s visual assets
- Be responsible for internal branding and communication assets such as business cards, presentation decks and printed materials
- Consistently apply the Helcim brand language across different mediums like: the Helcim Blog, email campaigns, and social media
- Effectively weighing quality/quantity against resource availability, timelines, and collaborative considerations.
What we are looking for
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing highly polished design material as well as beautiful illustrations/infographics with thoughtful design, compelling visual communication, and a professional level of polish and presentation
- A balanced, well-rounded skill set with strong fundamentals in design and illustration
- Ability to adapt their skills to a wide range of illustration styles, even those they may be unfamiliar with or not as well-versed in
- Outstanding creative problem solving skills
- Somebody who sees the world through the eyes of a designer
- Effectively communicates ideas by articulating design decisions from a business point of view.
- Capable of crafting superb visuals through a strong Design Sense that serves as a compass for everything being produced
- Jedi with the Adobe creative suite and complementary UX/UI tools such as Figma or Adobe XD
- Any marketing/advertising experience a definite asset
- A team player who prioritizes collaborative work and “the good of the whole” over personal achievements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in UI/UX design and Product Development
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please use the link below to submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Portfolio through the "Apply for this Job" button. Please address your Cover Letter to Helcim Human Resources.