Helcim is searching for a talented Graphic Designer / Animator to join our Marketing Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing high-quality visual assets and video animations for our Marketing Team through the direction and guidance of the Design Team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating compelling visual assets, has a great sense of timing and animation fundamentals, and has an impeccable sense of Design. We are looking for someone who wants to continually expand their skill set, has an openness to learning, and welcomes feedback in the interest of improving their craft.
The mission of Design at Helcim is to clearly and cohesively communicate our product value through unique and compelling high-quality visual design.
- Working within the Marketing Team, apply a wide range of design solutions to communicate concepts, ideas, and messages effectively
- Execute motion graphics animations, video ads and various 2D/3D animated assets across a variety of marketing channels
- Ability to conceptualize, storyboard, and plan sophisticated and dynamic motion graphics, 3D animation, and narrative video concepts
- Working with the Content Team, conceptualize and execute world-class visual assets for our content strategy
- Working with the Paid Digital Team, conceptualize and execute high-quality visual assets (videos, banner ads, etc) for our paid PPC and advertising strategy
- Contributing to the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the Helcim public website’s visual assets
- Consistently and coherently applying the Helcim visual brand language across different channels like the Helcim Blog, email campaigns, and social media
- Effectively weighing quality/quantity against resource availability, timelines, and collaborative considerations.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing highly polished design material and excellent animation work with thoughtful, compelling visual communication, and a professional level of polish and presentation
- A balanced, well-rounded design skills with strong fundamentals in design and animation
- Outstanding creative problem solving skills
- Ability to truly see the world through the eyes of a designer/artist
- Ability to adapt their skills to a wide range of animation styles, even those they may be unfamiliar with or not as well-versed in.
- Can effectively communicate ideas by implementing design decisions that align with business objectives
- Jedi with the Adobe creative suite such as After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere
- Knowledge of 3D packages like Cinema 4D a definite asset
- Any marketing/advertising experience a definite asset
- A team player who prioritizes collaborative work and “the good of the whole” over personal achievements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in UI/UX design and Product Development
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please use the link below to submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Portfolio through the "Apply for this Job" button. Please address your Cover Letter to Helcim Human Resources.