Helcim is looking for a talented Frontend Developer to join our Design Team. The successful candidate should be someone who thinks like a Designer with the skill set of a Developer.
The Frontend Developer will work within the Design Team while collaborating with cross-functional business groups including Product Managers, Engineers, and QAs. The ideal candidate is passionate about design and technology, has an excellent Design sense, and has strong CSS and JS frontend development skills.
- Identify constraints before and during implementations and propose solutions that optimize execution and speed up the coding process
- Prioritize the importance of usability and user experience, while following the Human-Centred Design approach
- Apply design sense to judge the correct spacing, sizing, and proportions of elements
- Work within Helcim’s Design System to apply software engineering best practices and the latest frontend development techniques to produce high-performance UI applications
- Interact regularly with Visual Designers and other Frontend Developers on project requirements, constraints, and improvements
- Prior work experience as a Frontend Developer or in a related industry is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of coded frontend projects – either personal or professional
- Ability to develop without the use of stacks or CMS systems
- A high level of proficiency in HTML CSS/SCSS
- Knowledge of JS technics, principles, and frameworks
- Comfortable working on large and complex projects in Vue.js
- In-depth understanding of SEO methodologies.
- A curiosity for cutting-edge web development (such as CSS grids)
- Strong understanding of layout aesthetics
- High personal standard for quality of design and execution of work
- Experience using design tools including Figma and Adobe XD
- Meticulous attention to every single pixel
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please use the link below to submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Portfolio through the "Apply for this Job" button. Please address your Cover Letter to Helcim Human Resources. Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.