Helm is a powerful cash management platform for accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses that gives them a visual understanding of their cash flow. Helm automates everything that is slow, painful and costly in an intuitive and simple system.
At Helm, we believe in building a team that gives a *darn* and contributes to our journey from start-up to being part of the global transition to cloud accounting, automation and AI.
This will be a challenging role starting in the “farm system” of our modern accounting firm and transitioning to customer advocacy and support within our accounting software firm. As a founding team member you will be involved in all aspects of the business, and will become highly knowledgeable and proficient with all areas of bookkeeping, accounting, technology, and automation and their impacts on our ultimate customers.
In the early days you will:
· Gain an appreciation for Helm’s customers and their work by learning, managing and carrying out the full bookkeeping cycle for real world clients. This will include handling:
o Bank reconciliations
o GST returns
· Gain a deeper appreciation for the difference between traditional paper based accounting methods and modern automated methods.
· Develop a better understanding for how Helm will further help modern accounting firms and small businesses who are trying to move to more progressive accounting methods.
· Become proficient in various software systems used in modern accounting firms, including GSuite, LastPass, Slack, Asana, Box, Xero, HubDoc, Receipt Bank, Plooto, etc.
· Be required to be fearless (we will teach you ALL of the above, no accounting experience required), open to learning and NOT be boring.
After gaining a better understanding of the accounting world, how it is changing, and getting a better foothold in it you will:
· Become a fierce supporter of our customers, ensuring that our software truly helps them and affects their lives in a positive light.
· Start taking over direct customer contact, including general communications, onboarding, support issues and problem resolution.
· Identity customer pain points and software bugs, communicating these quickly and effectively with internal stakeholders, and collaborating with developers on potential resolutions.
· Continually advocate and collect customer feedback through various means to contribute to future software development.
· Gain a truly deep understanding of Helm, becoming a product expert, and helping to create and maintain knowledge base articles and online support assets.
· Someone who is authentically customer focused.
· Always looking for better and more efficient ways to do things while keeping the big picture in mind.
· Able to rapidly switch gears (it’s just what happens in a growing organization).
· An incredible communicator, fluent in written and spoken English.
· Able to embrace technology and are always thinking about how technology can make things better
· Someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing company where hard and “the grind” is rewarding
· You’ve got previous experience in a customer service or customer support role
· You’ve had prior exposure to bookkeeping and accounting
· You truly do give a *expletive* (did we mention we want people who really care?!)
If you believe you are a fit for this position, please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com