Helcim is looking for a creative and well-rounded marketing professional to lead our Content Team. Helcim’s Marketing Team is uniquely composed to deliver high-quality, in-house creative content creation and is looking to add a Content Manager to expand and solidify our content strategy as we grow. This is a great opportunity to join a growing Fintech company that was recently named to the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for 2020 and directly impact the company’s future growth.
Coordinating with the Head of Marketing and department leads, this individual will take on a leadership role in setting and executing a world-class content strategy that is aligned with Helcim’s business, brand, and value objectives. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded marketing professional with broad experience in promoting content using social media, managing a company blog, and creating high quality written and creative content. This is a leadership position where strong organizational and management skills are just as critical as the ability to execute a cohesive creative vision. This role demands a constant creative output where new ideas on how to create, deploy, and promote various content pieces are critical.
Good content builds trusting relationships that leads to brand currency.
- Leading Helcim’s Content Team with a creative vision and high-quality output
- Being the driving force - both creatively and strategically - behind setting a winning, world-class content strategy for Helcim
- Coordinating all available resources to strengthen and elevate Helcim’s content strategy to reach new creative and performance heights
- Own the role of being ‘creative wellspring’ for new and innovative ideas for content pieces, promotional material, organic acquisition strategies, and creative output for Helcim’s content strategy
- Embracing discovery and consistent cultivation of business knowledge to effectively communicate Helcim’s solutions to the Content Team and, through the content itself, to merchants and business owners
- Creating world-class content for the education, retention, and delight of Helcim’s existing and prospective merchants
- Being accountable for the performance of Helcim’s organic acquisition channels
- Driving brand awareness, equity, and discoverability of the Helcim brand
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing to ensure appropriate strategy is being set and business objectives are being appropriately considered and integrated
- Working with the SEO Strategist to ensure maximum brand discovery, customer engagement, and business impact of content strategy
- Working with Design resources - both from within the Content Team and within the Design Team - to ensure alignment of creative content output with visual brand language and design aesthetic
- Working with the Content Writer to establish and maintain cohesive, consistent, and personality-rich brand voice across all blog articles and written content pieces
- Working with the Conversion Optimization Specialist to optimize content for customer acquisition and conversion
- Taking initiative in establishing and streamlining processes and practices to enhance efficiency and quality of output
- Responsible for staying on top of marketing trends as they relate to content strategy and creative direction and integrating where appropriate
- Comprehensive reporting of channel performance, content success, and business objectives as they relate to content
- 3+ years in a well-rounded marketing role where many “hats” were required to be worn
- A strong portfolio of accomplished content creation that is at once creative, compelling, and objectively effective
- Demonstrated experience creating, strategizing, and publishing high-quality content for cross-channel deployment (Social, Email, Press, Blog, etc.)
- Basic competency in Adobe creative products like Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects
- Strong analytical skills to drive insights and decisions about strategy and creative direction
- Rock-solid organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and editing skills, both oral and written
- Strong leadership skills with high EQ to manage and maximize a talented, multidisciplinary team of creatives and strategists
- Strong visual aesthetic and solid understanding of fundamental design principles
- A well-rounded understanding from ideation to creation and publishing of creative assets like articles, infographics, videos, social media assets, images, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and tracking performance of organic and social content
- An absolute self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in Financial Services, B2B, SaaS as asset
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please use link below to submit your Resume and Cover Letter through the "Apply for this Job" button. Please address your Cover Letter to Helcim Human Resources. Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.