- Paid internship, earn $1000+ per month
- Completely remote position (work anywhere: Canada, USA, etc)
- FE exam ready at the end of the internship
- Flexible work environment, set your own schedule
- Startup environment applying disruptive innovations
PPE Headquarters helps Canadian and US Engineers pass their professional certification exams. We’re founded in Canada in 2016 and prepare 100+ engineers a month. Our #1 goal is to bring our student success rates (doubling pass rate and half the prep time) to more students.
We’re currently a team of 4 in Calgary, Canada, Oklahoma City, USA, and Cairo, Egypt, with a network of 3rd party contractors. We go to great lengths to set you up for success from day one, and work hard to keep our team connected.
"I appreciate your effort to reach out and the quality of review materials you put out there. It bumped up my own level of confidence"
- Danny G (past customer)
What's The Mission?
In 2018 we spent 6+ months holding tutorials for students and learning from them. We have a firm handle on the root causes of struggle for these exams. We have a good handle on achieving our student targets (2x pass rate and ½ prep time). It’s time to apply these learnings to the next iteration of offerings so we can reach students at scale and continue learning. That’s where you come in and we’re looking to fill this position right away.
A Typical Day Includes:
- Developing new exam materials with thorough solutions (3 fully developed multiple-choice exam questions)
- Working when you want as long as there is some overlap of core MT time zone
- Managing and tracking our current exam bank and improvement process
You'll Do Well If:
- You’re a recent Civil Graduate Student or Civil technical instructor
- You enjoy using your knowledge and skills to help others.
- You are a self-motivated, self-starter and able to work remotely
- You are well organized, with an ability to stay focused on goals
- You’re a good writer as you’ll rely on it each day
Extra Credit For:
- Prior teaching experience
- Prior experience working remotely
- LaTeX experience for crafting formulas
Here's What We're About
- Relationships- we pride ourselves on being accessible, approachable and regularly go the extra mile to help students.
- Experiences- we strive to create unique learning experiences that outperform products. We dig deep to learn the root cause of struggles that students face when preparing for professional exams. Then can we apply creative software and learning processes to overcome these hurdles.
- Thoroughness- the application of engineering thoroughness to our products has been a part of our process since day one.
I'm writing this email because I have to say that I'm happy to be working with you. I really appreciate your continuous encouraging feedback and the way you handle things even they are incorrect. To be honest, you are the most organized person that I've ever worked with.
Thank you Mike and it is and will always be an honour to work with you :)
- David Haney (past employee)
Sound Like You?
This is a paid internship; the more you put into it, the more you’ll learn and get from it. If you’re ambitious and willing to take the initiative, then we’ll work with you to carve an ongoing role in the company.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
Date Posted: November 14, 2019