Job title: Junior Full Stack Developer
Type of Employment Opportunity: Full-time Start date: Immediate
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Steer Software Inc. is a technology startup based out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada that helps executives from small businesses track plans and lead people; and not the other way around. Steer’s flagship product, Helm, makes it easy to simplify strategic planning, choose the best tactics & activities, and create a winning culture focused whole-heartedly on relentless execution.
WHO YOU ARE
You have a passion for, and demonstrated experience with, building web-apps and cutting edge products that excite customers.
You are energized about playing an integral role in building a growing technology company; and you have the hustle to deliver.
You are independent but are also comfortable working in cross-functional teams.
You are resourceful; able to find the tools that can get you where you need to go.
You are an excellent communicator with an obsession for continuous learning and problem solving.
Steer needs you to be part of the team that architects, designs, and builds the product that we’ve been working on and are excited to launch! Reporting directly to the CTO, you’ll deliver across the entire app life cycle – conceptualize, design, build, deploy, document, test, and realize the growth of HELM.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
● Team: With some of the city’s brightest, you’ll get to learn something new every day and be part of a culture that believes in unstoppable leadership.
● Office: We have a Downtown Calgary office space but love remote work styles that keep us in our favourite work spaces.
● Flexibility: As a team, results speak more than ‘clocking in’ and offer flexible work hours to enable you to reach your goals.
● Autonomy: We believe in self-starting ideas and developing creative approaches without the politics.
● Startup Mentality: We consider ourselves lucky to be part of such an amazing world of technology, with an ability to make an impact on a global scale. We look for people that demonstrate these principles and are driven by resilience, empowerment, and a ‘can do’ attitude.
● Work Environment: We offer a casual work environment where egos are checked at the door.
● Opportunities: Be an influencer in the product and grow into a leader and/or mentor within the company
● Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and translate them into technical specification requirements.
● Create and add new functionalities while maintaining and improving existing ones.
● Support the research and planning of the product.
● Optimizing product performance and scalability.
● Communicate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
● 1+ years of extensive experience with application development environments.
● Published examples of at least one original web app (asset).
● Understanding of user interface design principles and best practices.
● Strong testing and debugging skills.
● Experience with dev platforms such as Microsoft Azure web services and Google Firebase
● Familiar with version control (git), continuous integration and full project life cycles.
● Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB) databases, SQL is ok
● Experience with APIs to connect applications to back-end services
● Good knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented concepts to rapidly build custom components tailored to customers needs.
Ready for something bigger?
Send your cover letter & resume, with subject line “Full Stack Developer” to
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com!