Senior Research Scientist
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
This posting is for two permanent full time positions. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are selected.
We are Future Fields, a group of Canadian innovators working to expand the reach of cellular agriculture into accessible consumer products. We are developing a cost-effective and scalable serum-free growth media for producing cellular agriculture products.
The culture at Future Fields is one of innovation and growth. We are continually learning and evolving. We focus on collaborative discussion and encouraging execution of new ideas and empower our team to do so.
We have an inclusive environment. Leave your ego at the door, as ego prevents learning, development and innovation. We are dedicated to taking risks and developing new ideas. We are believers in “failing forward” and leveraging our mistakes to help us grow. Future Fields believes that every employee is integral to the team and contributes to the success of the team as we build an entirely novel industry.
Come and join our team at Future Fields! As a Senior Research Scientist, you will have the opportunity to work on key projects relating the development and production of custom chemically-defined cell growth media. This includes optimization of growth factor production, extraction, purification, and analysis. You will also work on long-term projects related to expanding our growth library and custom growth media development for the cellular agriculture industry.
What you will work on:
- Growth factor design and production
- Molecular cloning
- Assay development for growth factor purification
- Growth factor bioactivity analysis
- Downstream processing and growth media development, including cell culture work
- Collaborate with the rest of the scientific team to assess progress, determine next steps, and optimize our products and process
- Writing standard operating procedures and general lab management
- PhD in biochemistry or related field
- OR Masters with 2 years of research experience
- Experience with protein purification
- Experience with molecular cloning
- Experience with cell culture
- Experience with industrial scale bioprocessing
- Experience with three-phase partitioning
- Experience with column-based chromatography
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals when working at Future Fields.
- Agility - The successful candidate will be able to work in short cycles, execute ideas and prototypes in short succession, and work on multiple shifting priorities
- Collaboration - To be successful in the role, teamwork is required as there will be many moving parts to the operation
- Mastery - We believe in lifelong learning. Employees should be constantly seeking to improve their core competencies and demonstrate passion for continual learning and development
- Optimization - Successful candidates value working as a team to bounce ideas off of each other, build new ideas and create optimal solutions
- Inquisitive - Successful candidates will ask questions and are open to learning new concepts, ideas, and strategies
- Ownership - Successful candidates will take ownership of their work and are comfortable being autonomous
- Vision - Successful candidates will share in the vision of the company: cellular agriculture will revolutionize global food systems
- $60,000.00 annually, plus vested stock options
What we offer:
- Leadership and mentorship opportunities
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture
- Work in the state of the art TEC centre Labs in downtown Edmonton.
How to Apply
Go to https://www.futurefields.io/careers to apply!