48HRS IN THE VALLEY INTRODUCES CANADA’S MOST PROMISING STARTUPS TO SILICON VALLEY'S TOP MENTORS, INVESTORS AND INDUSTRY EXECUTIVES
Once a year, C100 brings up to 30 promising Canadian companies to Silicon Valley for 48Hrs of mentorship, networking opportunities, investor meetings, and unparalleled access to C100's extensive network in Silicon Valley. “48Hrs in the Valley” has been a signature C100 program with over 250 alumni companies since 2010.
C100 depends on its nominators to find highly talented founders, both male and female, both visible and less visible. As you make nominations, please pay special attention to find and include talented founders with a one-of-a-kind value proposition, those outside major tech hubs, and those that are female-founded. You can expand your knowledge of potential applicants by asking C100 for a list of sources to find amazing startups.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INCLUDE?
- Mentorship, thought partnership, and venture guidance from peers with specific knowledge about your industry and market
- Networking with C100 Charter Members, 48Hrs Alumni, and Silicon Valley executives
- Meet with Silicon Valley VCs
- Workshops and thought leadership delivered by experienced entrepreneurs and investors
- Introductions to a vast network of Canada's top founders and startups, both in Canada and Silicon Valley
- Media coverage and promotional opportunities as a C100 48Hrs Company
- Nomination by a Charter Member, C100 Partner, or 48Hrs Alumnus.
- Headquartered in Canada or abroad (in which case, led by Canadian founders)
- Demonstrated traction and growth (at least 10% MOM)
- Late seed/pre-series A level at the time of applying
- Company must be able to clearly benefit from the C100 network and resources in Silicon Valley
- Can clearly benefit from Silicon Valley connections (i.e. growth mindset, global ambitions, and a desire to build international networks)
APPLICATION & SELECTION CRITERIA
- C100 convenes a Selection Committee of experts to review each 48Hrs in the Valley application and rank applicants based on a variety of factors. Companies first must meet all of our nomination criteria. Additionally, our Selection Committee factors in market traction, industry, funding raised, annual revenue, number of users, number of employees, and the value (as conveyed by the applicant) that this selection would have for their company.
- Our Selection Committee will meet 3 times to review 48Hrs in the Valley applications during the application period of October 24, 2018 through February 15, 2019. Although most companies can expect to hear about selection for the 2019 cohort the week of March 4, 2019, a small number of companies may be accepted into the cohort earlier as we are considering applications on a rolling basis.
Over 250 Alumni, including Borrowell, Bridgit, ClearBanc, Clearpath Robotics, Figure 1, Financeit, Frank & Oak, Kik, PayFirma, Rubikloud, Tulip, VarageSale, WealthSimple, and Well.ca and many more...
Additional FAQ here
Read the FAQ and still have a question? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.